Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Back Story. Chapter 3

1994 -1998 were the golden years.  After finding out about the reflux and setting out on my course of action, I went home and got rid of all the meat in my diet.  Oh, I kept the cream, the butter, the cheese and eggs, but flesh of all varieties was banished to wander the desert, no longer welcome on my plate.  I had never eaten that much meat to begin with so it wasn't a huge hardship.  It was just enough commitment to make me feel cocky but I didn't really anticipate much happening from the change.  But an amazing thing did happen.  I lost weight.  A lot of weight.  So much weight that I found the energy to start exercising again for the first time since high school.  I started running.  I lost even more weight.  I ran 10k's like they were strolls in the park.  It was empowering and exciting.  I really WAS in charge!

By 1995, I had kicked Fat's ass, again.  I weighed 118 and it was a good 118.  Everything on my body was back in its original place.  My shadow no longer jiggled when I walked.  I was in the gym three days a week and ran six.  I was lean and mean.  The reflux was history.  My blood sugar was normal.  I was fricking WONDER WOMAN!  It was fantastic!

 Like Scarlett O'Hara vowing to God that she would never be hungry again, I vowed never to be fat again!  Perhaps, I should have paid more attention to the fact that when Scarlett made her life defining proclamation, she was holding a potato in her hand.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahaHAHAHAHA. this ending is perfect!
    plus I've had the same experience over and over again, lose the weight and KNOW I will never be fat again but it's only a matter of time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I laughed when I wrote that too!

    ReplyDelete